Sunday, September 10, 2006

Friendships Taken For Granted

Life can get so frustrating at times. It's an infinite cycle of ups and downs. While the bad times can help you appreciate the good times, they're difficult to get through. After having almost lost a friendship, it's helped me see how glad I am to have fought to keep it in tact. His friendship was taken for granted which is something I'll never do again.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's interesting how you can believe that a friendship is on good terms only later to find out that you were being fooled. I recently found out that a "good friend" of mine was telling lies about me. How does one react? I cannot disregard the fact that I did hear these lies through the grapevine; thus, I will not rule out that these lies might be lies. Let me explain the situation in greater detail. When I was dating him, he told me that other girls interested in him would call him and because he liked me, he disregarded them and wouldn't answer their texts or calls. Of course, my naivety overrid my gut instincts and I believed him because I loved him. (Looking back, I wonder if it really was love... but that is a story for another time). I cared for him and put my entire trust in him only to get slapped in the face for it and face humiliation. Now I hear he's telling his new girl the same thing but about me. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, I am calling him and texting him all the time begging him to come back to me and asking to hang out. I find it ironic because in reality, it's the opposite. When I returned from LA, he asked and begged me to come to his house. He just wanted to "catch up." We did hang out and it was fun to chat like old times but I have not contacted him since. I've got enough drama in my life right now I do not need him back in it. I've decided that I'll just let it go. There's nothing that I can do about it but I know that I am not "begging him to come back to me."

I love my friends.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Good times.

Right now I'm learning to accept that knowing what the future holds, only time will tell. It's a difficult concept to not know what to do and if you should act on a gut feeling. For the first time in a long while, I'm taking my gut feeling over my logical thinking. I hope that the future has something nice in store for me.

No comments: