Friday, March 07, 2008

The Master Cleanse

Back in September, I decided I wanted to do the Master Cleanse. I bought all the products for The Lemonade Diet. I opted for the Master Cleanse Kit-3 with Cayenne Capsules for about $75. All I had to do was buy the lemons (or limes). The kit came.... and sat in my room for months. Every time I wanted to start the cleanse something came up (such as dinner parties, client luncheons, etc.) Because I had postponed the start date for so long, I actually forgot about it until my friend Ashley mentioned her friend had just gotten off it. I went that evening to purchase a citrus juicer. Yesterday was my first day. It really wasn't hard. The only difficult part was during lunch. Every lunch I go with coworkers. I still went, but just sat and watched them eat. I'm still easing into the cleanse. I have yet to do the laxative tea at bedtime. The first night I was scared because I had eaten so unhealthy that day... then last night, I simply forgot.

Right now, as long as I'm busy, I forget about food because my appetite has actually been suppressed. I take that back... that is a complete lie, lol. In reality, I never forget about food because I love to eat so much, I just haven't been as focused on it.

Why am I doing this cleanse? I'll be honest, I'm really not doing this to lose weight. Of course, it'd be a nice side effect but I'm more concerned about cleaning my body inside out and starting fresh. I started exercising and eating healthier these past couple of weeks. In the past, when I've cracked down on my health, I've reaped the reward of feeling more energetic. This time around, I have yet to feel that extra energy from living a healthy lifestyle. I'm hoping that after I complete this cleanse, things will change.

The Master Cleanse is set out to be a 10 day cleanse. If I really put my mind to it, I think I could actually stick to the full 10 days. However, going on a cleanse is not normal for your body, thus going off the cleanse works the same way. You have to be very careful when going back to a normal diet. Because I am going to Hawaii in less than 2 weeks, I am unsure if doing the full 10 days is for me. I want to enjoy Hawaii and eat normally while I'm there. However, If I enjoy the short term benefits of this cleanse, I'm sure I'll do it again and follow it very strictly for the full 10 days.

I must say, I love the cayenne pills. I wouldn't enjoy the taste of the lemonade if I had to put cayenne directly into the lemonade. When I take the pills, maybe 10 minutes later, I literally feel "all warm and fuzzy inside." But today I made the mistake of taking one, getting distracted and not drinking enough lemonade... my stomache ached and burned for about 10-15 mins. I quickly drank more lemonade and was shortly back to feeling myself.

One of the most difficult tasks of this cleanse is the morning "internal bathing." First thing in the morning you are supposed to drink a quart of luke warm water with 2 teaspoons of special salt. Not only do you feel water logged but the taste is awful. This can be related to when you're swimming in the ocean or lake and you accidentally swallow a mouth full of salty water... The internal bathing water really isn't as salty but the concept remains the same.

I'll keep updating as the days go by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I can see anonymity is important to you, but I couldn't pass by without saying hi I ran into you on J's blog. I am impressed by the good things you're doing with your career. It sounds like you have definite places to go! The last time I saw you was probably when you were in HS and J and I were in college. You were beautiful then, and still are now. Good luck with the cleanse. Not my thing, I must say. That must take a lot of will power. I will run a marathon just so I can eat whatever I want and feel good, but to deny myself chocolate.....never! So, I think you must have more strength than you want to admit. Anyway, I just had to say hi and hope that you are well. Enjoy HI. My husband and I are headed there in 4 weeks.....S